My husband asked me, “Honey? Why does a fish sing off-key?” and I replied “Maybe because it doesn’t know how to?” and he snapped at me saying “NO because you can’t tuna fish” All it takes is this joke for me to know that he is craving my special Keto Tuna Salad and I thought why not I share my recipe with you guys as well.
My easy keto tuna salad recipe is pretty pleasant to your taste palate. It’s my husband’s favorite, and the secret is in the dried onion flakes. If you ask me, I have never been a tuna fan. If I had known it could taste like this, I would’ve made and tried it sooner.
Keto Tuna Salad
- 10 oz. canned tuna (drained)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 celery rib
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cucumber
- Rinse and dry the vegetables. Finely chop the cucumber, onion, and celery. Mince the garlic.
- Set aside half of the parsley, then add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix everything together until the avocado is well-mashed and all the ingredients have been coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with remaining parsley before serving.
I used Dijon mustard instead of regular and a bit of mayonnaise (I make it at home). A little sprinkle of ground cumin or paprika can add exciting flavors to the hard-boiled egg. But don’t forget the salt and pepper and enjoy this on a picnic.