This delicious keto soup recipe tastes more marvelous than you can imagine. Keto Queso Soup Recipe is rich, creamy, and jammed with tons of strong taco flavor. You are going to love this and keep it on regular rotation in your low carb meal/Keto plan.
It is hard to believe that you can eat food that tastes precisely like queso dip and lose weight. I would have never believed it if I hadn’t been undergoing it myself. This Keto Queso Soup Recipe is my husband’s favorite and needless to say I love it too. It’s super easy to stir up and tastes even better the second day if you happen to have any leftovers.
Keto Queso Soup
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel with diced green chiles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream or whole milk
- Salt to taste
- In a cast iron dutch oven (or normal pot) heat the oil over medium heat. Stir in the Rotel and taco seasoning and cook for 1 minute just to toast the spices.
- Add in the chicken and broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred, set aside.
- Stir the cream cheese and heavy cream into the soup. You may want to use an immersion blender to make it creamier than just stirring. Once the cheese has melted add the chicken back into the soup. Season with salt to your taste and serve with desired toppings.
This recipe comes together so quickly with just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. If you don’t have any cheese in your pantry, this Keto Queso soup still tastes so much like queso dip. I’m not sure if it is the cream cheese and taco seasoning together or what, but everyone loves this soup even if they aren’t eating keto.