House Rule # 345: Sundays are for Pancakes. As a breakfast-all-day kind of lady, living on my favorite low carb breakfast food would be no easy job. My everlasting penchant for both eggs and pancakes has just one demand for both: the featherier (fluffier), the better! With that in mind, making an all-purpose keto low carb pancakes recipe has been on my to-do-list for quite some time (thanks to my daughters for being there as a judge)
I had a tough time picking which low carb flour to use. Then, it dawned on me. I love mixing almond flour and coconut flour in low carb dessert recipes, so why not pancakes, right? Still, I was convinced that a keto pancakes recipe using both flours would lead to enhanced taste and texture. After a few attempts, my prediction came true!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweetleaf – stevia sweetener (or 2 tablespoons regular sugar)
- Add all ingredients to blender. Start with eggs and water and cream cheese so you don't have anything get stuck at bottom.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed. Let batter sit for 2 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. For each pancake, pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter onto skillet.
- Once you start to see little bubbles form, flip and continue to cook until pancake is browned on each side. Continue until you have used all pancake batter.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter and syrup!
These keto pancakes with almond flour and coconut flour just might be the best keto pancakes version ever. They’re super fluffy and slightly sweet. I am sure you would like these better than pancakes made with just one type of low carb flour!