Do you want to know who doesn’t like pizza? A weirdough. I am no weirdough because I use portobello mushroom caps to kick a craving with all of the flavorings without the calories. Clever right?
Using portobello mushroom caps means simple, smart, no work, meaty base of mushroom cooked in garlic, and Italian seasonings.
To make your Keto portobello mushroom pizza baking activity even better, I advise you use a pizza sauce you relish the flavor of. I make my own garlic pizza sauce, but you can use plain or any other flavored sauce you like.
This is the simplest Keto portobello mushroom pizza recipe you will ever bake because when you are on keto diet this is nutritious than most flour pizzas, and the one you can reconstruct with your own pizza toppings and variety of sauces. And it’s a must-try!
Keto Portobello Mushrooms Pizza
- A 2-pack or a 4-pack of portobello mushrooms
- Sugar-free marinara sauce (I use Rao’s or Yo Mama’s as they’re both keto friendly. Primal Kitchen also has some great options as well)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Meat (pepperonis, bacon, ham, chicken, etc.), fresh veggies, or other toppings of choice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Place in a baking dish and layer inside them with the sauce, seasoning, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizzas and stir the mushrooms around the pan to coat the bottoms.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then broil on high for 5 more minutes (keep a close eye not to burn!)