Quarantine has been a crazy time right now, with all of us in our houses. I really hope these days are behind us forthwith. It’s been a reset for everyone, back to a family time without any diversions. I think we’re all a wee more conscious of our spending of everything.
That’s how this recipe came about. I had some jalapenos, and I wanted to do something creative with them. Since we are trying to use every ingredient in our refrigerator before it goes bad I thought of this chicken. Impressive enough, it’s not as spicy and risque as you would think. When jalapenos are baked, they lose some of their kick and punch. But every once in a while, I will get a jalapeno that is crazy spicy.
Keto Jalapeno Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts butterflied and cut in half for a total of 6 pieces (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon of smokey paprika
- Butterfly and cut in half the chicken breasts and season with salt, black pepper, paprika, chipotle pepper powder, and cumin powder
- Over medium-high heat in a large skillet pan, sear the chicken breasts on both sides until they are golden brown with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Deglaze the pan with 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and add the minced garlic, chopped onions, seeded, chopped jalapeños, and chicken broth with the chicken in the pan. Cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken breasts and keep them warm. Leave the cooked onions and garlic and juice in the skillet. Proceed to make the creamy sauce.
You can have this dinner in the baker in less than 15 minutes (if your chicken is already cooked. You can even use the canned jalapenos; you can even take the white spicy seeds out if you are not looking for a hot and spicy dinner.