The other day I got a call from my friend asking me what one Keto staple they could eat every day? And my answer was Eggs and avocados. Because these are both delicious, cheap, and natural foods that are easy to fit into your microwaves, I never thought I’d be one to say I could eat eggs every day, but the truth is, I totally could.
So today, I am here to share with you my special Keto egg salad recipe for those of you who have been on keto for a while. I bet you have made eggs and avocados a very regular part of your diet. That’s why the recipe I’m sharing with you today combines both for a great low carb, high-fat meal.
Keto Egg Salad
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lite salt (for potassium)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the eggs gently in a medium saucepan.
- Add cold water until the eggs are covered by about an inch.
- Bring to a boil and cook for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water.
- Add the eggs to a food processor or magic bullet and pulse until chopped.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust as necessary.
To make sure that my daughters have something healthy too, I put it on a piece of toasted garlic Parm cloud bread. Spread a little cream cheese on the bread add a handful of olives and eggless mayonnaise, threw on the egg salad, and topped with 2 pieces of crispy chicken. And it makes a perfect lunch for my twin daughters and my husband. This delish recipe is a must-try!