I had a container of canned crab that I was planning to make crab cakes (My daughters love it) with but came across this idea and thought it seemed way too easy not to try it. My recipe of Keto Crab Soup is super creamy, packed of crab, and uncompromisingly delicious.
But seriously, I can’t be the only one who has thought (while having crab dip) that this would make an astonishing soup, or instead, I’d favour leaving the carb-laden dipper and eat this keto crab soup with a spoon. Who’s with me?
Keto Crab Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 16 oz half and half
- oz crab canned (or 1 lb. fresh)
- On medium-low heat, melt butter in a large pot. Add almond flour with cream cheese and whisk until incorporated.
- Whisk in heavy whipping cream and half and half.
- Add crab and remaining ingredients and cook on med-low until hot.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe of mine is made with fresh crab or canned ones—a refreshing, low-carb seafood soup, ready in 30 minutes. And before you ask, is crab low carb and keto-friendly? Yes. One can of crab meat has no carbs! That’s right! None. Nada. This is the easiest recipe for such a great tasting soup and guess what? It does not disappoint!