Another day, another recipe. My daughters call it Chocolaty Fudge so I thought that’s what I am going to call my dish today. There are a lot of recipes on the internet which clearly tell you to mix sugared condensed milk and chocolate chips together, to make the fudge, so I figured there had to be a way to do that in a low carb style. And it was not easier than you might think!
Fudge is an irresistible dessert, especially for chocoholics like my daughters and needless to mention, myself. But it can be a little troublesome to get it done when you cut the sugary parts from the old recipes. The secret to this recipe is making a low carb sugared condensed milk to use as its bottom.
Keto Chocolaty Fudge
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate, cream, and Pyure sweetener. Place over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Simmer very gently over low heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in collagen and vanilla extract. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- While chocolate mixture is cooling, line an 8" X 8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together until fluffy using a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the cooled chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture in small amounts, beating after each addition
- Stir in the walnuts.
I’ve made lots of low carb fudge since I decided to start my keto lifestyle, and though they’ve all been really appetizing and tasty, I haven’t been able to hammer down a perfect recipe that’s creamy and delicious but doesn’t start running the second I pick it up. So I am done with my quest now. Hope you all would try and enjoy!