Protein. Protein. Protein. Can’t stress this enough. People on keto, you bunch of kids have to have proteins. And today I am here with my recipe of Keto Chicken Soup, which everyone in my house loves.
This Keto Chicken Soup will cure what puts you down and make you a lazy bum this winter season. Not only is it ultra-comforting and gratifying, but it’s under 140 calories per serving and ready in less than 45 minutes! It’s delicious and filling and satisfying and grain-free.
I love soups and goulashes and broths and will make them year-round, but during the winter they are a major staple-on-demand in my house. I love the gorgeous greyish color and subtle flavor the paprika scores and the chunks of chicken thighs soft and tender.
Keto Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2" piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced on a bias
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until broken down into rice-sized granules. Add cauliflower to pot with onion mixture and cook over medium high heat until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add pepper flakes, carrots, celery and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add chicken breasts and let cook gently until they reach an internal temperature of 165°, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan, let cool until cool enough to handle, and shred. Meanwhile, continue simmering until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove ginger from pot, and add shredded chicken back to soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then garnish with parsley before serving.
This soup is surprisingly flavorful. We added on some parsley for a bit of color and brightness, but feel free to drop it if you don’t have any on hand (or you have it but you don’t wanna add, that is completely okay) Enjoy while you can!