Who doesn’t like burgers? My husband and I have been craving some burgers lately, and I found a perfect keto-way to make them. Ground chicken is an ingredient I love to use you can even use ground beef. It’s easy to work with, flavorsome, and sometimes fatty (if you use ground chicken thigh). One of my earliest recipes, used ground chicken as its base and I’ve been pinned ever since.
Its simple to work with chicken kabab or patties, because it takes less time to cook, it’s highly delicious. I include the delicious basil pesto flavor directly into the chicken kabab/patty. It evenly spreads the flavor and keeps you from having the oily mess that can often be mixed with pesto.
Keto Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Prepare the burger sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Mix ingredients until well combined. Place the prepared sauce in the refrigerator for later.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes. Set it aside in the refrigerator for later.
- In a large bowl, place the ground chicken, and all the burger ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Next, fold in the cold butter cubes.
- Using wet hands, form 6 balls and flatten the chicken burgers into 1/2 inch patty.
- Cook the chicken patties with a couple of tablespoons of oil for about 6 minutes per side. The chicken burgers will firm up when fully cooked. You could also check for an internal temperature of 170-degrees to ensure the burgers are all cooked all the way through.
- Serve your chicken burgers on a bed of salad greens or iceberg lettuce, tomato, and red onions. Top with a tablespoon or two of the burger sauce.
There is a crisp, amazing taste and zest all over this burger! I didn’t feel like it required any extra seasoning because the pesto, the chicken patty was so delightful, along with the lettuce, and tomato. This Keto burger is more on the protein side than the fatty side, and that’s perfect about it.