There is something so magical in a large bowl of hot soup on a cold day. This keto broccoli soup recipe is packed with so much flavour and gusto that even non-keto family members will want a bowl of this! This recipe does not disappoint and all the things you love are stuffed in this warm delicious keto broccoli soup.
It’s a good recipe to keep in your diary for parties or just to have on a busy fall day. Each spoon is so rich, creamy, and fulfilling that it’s hard to believe it’s Keto-friendly. Though it is hard to believe, it is low carb and Keto!
Keto Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/ 8 Cup White Onion
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese; shredded
- 2 Slices Bacon; Cooked and Crumbled (Optional)
- In large pot, saute onion and garlic with butter over medium heat until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add broth and broccoli to pot.Cook broccoli until tender. Add salt, pepper and desired seasoning.
- Stir heavy whipping cream and cream cheese into soup; bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and quickly stir in cheddar cheese.
- Stir in xanthan gum, if desired. Allow to thicken.
- Serve hot with bacon crumbles (optional)
This recipe is super easy to make. You can use an immersion blender or a stick blender if you prefer broccoli to be more mixed. My husband and I love broccoli pieces, but I know some people prefer everything blended. If you don’t have one of these, try using a potato masher. Either way, you do this, it’s the best relaxation food ever!