Summer is coming (oh thank the holy mother of goodness), and that means it’s nearly barbecue season. And barbecue season means Keto broccoli salad time! My husband thinks I have taken on the challenge to take on any recipe and convert it to Keto. Well, that’s because I’m living in the Keto world at my house. So when it came to Keto broccoli salad, there really were a lot many tweaks I had to do to make it Keto.
Broccoli Salad traditionally has a sweet mayonnaise dressing. Mayonnaise is perfect for Keto, sugar not so much. I replaced the sugar with Erythritol which is the universal term for low-carb sweeteners such as Monk Fruit or Swerve. This Keto Broccoli Salad tastes heavenly.
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 4-5 cups Broccoli Florets, raw, diced into 1/4 inch piece
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, macadamia nuts, or nuts or choice chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Dice bacon into small bite-size pieces. Heat a large heavy-duty pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crispy
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a large serving salad bowl, Add the chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, red onion, nuts, sunflower seeds, and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
This Keto Broccoli Salad is my idea of perfection. It’s healthy and full of flavor, perfect for bringing to a barbecue, any night of the week. There is nothing better than taking a nap in the pool on a quiet weekday, and a big bowl of Keto Broccoli salad.