I can eat Sandwiches all my life, every day unapologetically. Back in the day, I was given the title of Breakfast Sandwich maker maestro, with appetising flavours always sandwiched between two slices of cheese, bacon, you name it. Though not good for my body!
When I first began Keto/Low Carb I wanted an easy solution for my breakfast sandwich obsession, so I wondered what it would be like if I kind of modified the sandwich where there’s no bread? like a Keto Breakfast Sandwich? Sounds yummy right? A lot of keto breakfast sandwiches that I have seen just place the egg on the outside, but I need something I can actually hold. This high-fat meal will keep you full for a long time.
Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 sausage patties
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sharp cheddar
- ¼ medium avocado, sliced
- ¼-½ teaspoon sriracha (to taste)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In skillet over medium heat, cook sausages per package instructions and set asideIn small bowl plac
- In small bowl place cream cheese and sharp cheddar. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted
- Mix cheese with sriracha, set aside
- Mix egg with seasoning and make small omelette
- Fill omelette with cheese sriracha mixture and assemble sandwich
Eggs are just as delightful in the morning and would be extra delicious/tasty with a slice of tomato and spinach (I like it this way) After a few experimentations (and a lot of taste testing) I’m so excited to share with you my recipe, for you to try it must!