Taco Tuesday! It has become a regular thing right after seeing The Lego Movie for the first (among many) time. I am a little ashamed to confess that my twins learned about “Taco Tuesday” not from myself but The Lego Movie. And then they became obsessed with it. We eat American food regularly, but Taco Tuesday guarantees that we get our Mexican fix for the week.
So I had to make the Keto version of Tacos, which my husband and I could enjoy without having our diets turned upside down. It was my husband’s idea to slow-cook the beef for 20-25 minutes, and it turned out ah-mazing!
Keto Beef Tacos
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Spread Cheddar cheese into four 6-inch circles, placed 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts and is lightly brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes before lifting with a spatula. Place over wooden spoon handle wrapped in aluminum foil balanced over 2 cups/cans. Let taco shells cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring often to separate meat, about 7 minutes. Season with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute more.
The kind of flavor the slow-cooked beef emits is heavenly; it asks for the finger-licking. The slow cooking makes the beef so tender and juicy that you can’t help but have another helping. My family really enjoyed these slow-cooked keto beef tacos. Make these for the next “Taco Tuesday.”