“Baked Eggs? oh yes!” That’s how my husband responded to this recipe, and not to mention all that finger-licking and looking at the dish over and over again. Eggs combined with ground beef/chicken is what the real party is. It melts in your mouth. It’s unforgivingly yummy.
You can also pair it with any of your favorite crisp, crunchy, green salad with fresh tomatoes, lemon, and chilies. For people who feel it would be pretty bland with just meat, you can also season the ground beef first with a taco seasoning to add more flavor and zest.
Keto Baked Eggs
- 3 oz. cooked ground beef or ground turkey or ground pork, use left-overs or cook it any way you like. You can also use this recipe.
- 1¼ oz. (21⁄3 tbsp) crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded cheese
- salt to taste if missing in Tex-Mex seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange cooked ground-beef mixture in a small baking dish and sprinkle over the Tex-Mex seasoning followed by the crushed tomatoes. Add salt if needed. Mix well.
- Then make two indentations with a spoon and crack the eggs into them.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven until the eggs are done, about 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool for a while. The eggs and ground meat get very hot!
This is a classic recipe for that time when your kids are bugging you for a hamburger, and you don’t know how to make it super nutritious. Multiply the eggs by the number of people, and you’ll have dinner for the whole family. Voila!