In one of my visits to a delicatessen, I picked up a protein powder for my husband, who was whinning about having one. Things took turn, when I, just to make my coffee taste better put a tablespoon of it to my breakfast coffee, and it tasted awesome. That’s when I came up with a recipe of this Easy Keto Coffee.
The ingredients of this are really simple, and it has loads of benefits. It’s similar to bulletproof coffee, but I actually prefer the added protein. It’s just a coffee or espresso, coconut oil (I prefer butter), heavy whipping cream, protein powder, and cacao powder.
Easy Keto Coffee
- 8 fl oz Coffee (brewed, hot; or more up to 12 fl oz if not adding optional add-ins)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter (can also use ghee or coconut oil, for dairy-free, paleo, or whole30)
- 1 tsp MCT Oil (or more up to 1 tbsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree for about 5-15 seconds, until frothy and smooth. (Alternatively, use a milk frother to emulsify directly in your cup or in a tall jar, but be sure to leave room for it to expand.)
- Pour into a coffee mug to serve.
My coffee recipe always involves cacao powder for the chocolatey taste. Who doesn’t love chocolate, in their coffee huh? The macros might overwhelm you for a coffee drink, but it truly is very pleasant & fulfilling and can simply be supplanted for your breakfast coffee any day. It is totally perfect if you plan for it ahead of time and keep track of what you eat throughout the day.